Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cathy's Book

Oh be4 I start my review I just wanted to add how this is my first review on my new blog! Yay me!! Ok... regaining professional attitude...
Oh and p.s. don't ask me what I'm doing up so late becuz it's a long story! Ok professional person now....

Review:

Probably one of the best books I've ever read


This book is a great book that I would recommend for anyone 11 or up. I usually don't talk back to books (only movies/tv!) but for this I had to talk back because of all the different ups and downs and drama that the book gave. It was so interesting I got a journal and took notes about the book. And twelve year olds don't usually do that. They just read the book and move on to another one but with this one I went on to different websites that talked about the book and I commented and wrote down the notes/comments that other people wrote on there and kinda compared notes of theirs and mine's. Another thing that really moves me so to say about this book was how interactive it was. In the book they had many different websites to go to and even phone numbers to call. And when you called and they didn't answer (they never answered because it wasn't like the characters were real) you could leave a voicemail for that person. Then they had some of the characters' email addresses and I emailed it and they actually emailed me back (it was an automated email to send to whoever sent an email to that address but still). It was like the whole story was real which is why for the email rating above I rated the realness of the book 5 stars. On one of the websites that talked about the book there was a big motion that the book was possibly real or based on a real story. A lot of people went searching for the authors email address and sent loads and loads of emails demanding the truth on whether the story was real or not because they thought that maybe the author would just say it was fiction when it really wasn't. The author went to the website and put up a post saying "no the story was fictional and as far as I know not real!" But then people started to say that she was a liar and sent another bunch of email saying that she was a liar and that they knew that she was lying. Finally she said once and for all to all of them that the story was not real and gave facts to prove it but the point is that the realism of it was so big that it started a big movement on one of the sites. It's definitely not like most books. I gave it to my friend to read after I was done and her views on it were exactly the same as mine. So to all of you reading this I really recommend you read it 1000%!

Ratings:

overall book rating: 5 stars*****

  • RATINGS FOR THE
  1. series excellence: 5 stars*****
  2. writing: 5 stars*****
  3. characters: 4 stars****
  4. story: 5 stars*****
  5. realism: 5 stars*****
  • IT IS
  1. edgy: 5 stars*****
  2. emotional: 4 stars****
  3. unforgettable: 5 stars*****
  4. challenging: 4 stars****
  5. thrilling: 5 stars*****
  • GOOD FOR
  1. just for fun: 4 stars****
  2. discussion: 5 stars*****
  3. rereading: 4 stars****
  4. finding yourself: 1 stars*
  5. sharing with friends: 5 stars*****
Picture:
(There are two pics. The blue one is the american version and the black one is like the UK version. If you should ever wanna buy the book buy the american version. The UK version is known to have marks on the books and missing pages.)

Cathy's Book by Sean Stewart: Book Cover Cathy's Book by Sean Stewart: Book Cover

websites:
  1. http://www.cathysbook.com/(American website of Cathy's Book)
  2. http://www.doubletalkwireless.com/
  3. http://www.cathysbook.co.uk/ (UK website of Cathy's Book)

No comments:

Post a Comment